The Jayhawks, from the Twin Cities, and Blitzen Trapper, from Portland, Oregon, will play on the main stage, and will be joined by distinguished Iowa City singer-songwriter, Elizabeth Moen, and Soul/Rock band James Tutson and the Rollback. The main stage will run from 4 to 10 p.m.
All entertainment is free and open to the public.
People 21+ who purchase a $10 wristband can enjoy adult beverages outside in the designated festival area, no fee for those registered with RAGBRAI. Sales will begin at noon. Proceeds benefit the United Way of Johnson and Washington Counties.
Share photos and fun using #BookittoIowaCity, plus filters on Facebook and Snapchat.
Clinton Street and Iowa Avenue
- 4 p.m.: James Tutson and the Rollback
- 5 p.m.: Elizabeth Moen
- 6:30 p.m.: Blitzen Trapper
- 8:15 p.m.: Jayhawks
Washington and Linn streets
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.: Dana T Big Band
- 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.: KingBolt
- 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Sister Wife
- 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.: Cedar County Cobras
- 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.: Iowa City RAGBRAI Break Dancing Competition
- 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.: DJ Competition & Dance Party with Iowa City’s Hottest DJ’s
People can enjoy outdoor games like bags and giant Jenga.
Iowa City Public Library
123 S. Linn St.
Head to the Iowa City Public Library to cool off, use great wi-fi, and relax with a movie.
- 12 p.m.: Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
- 2 p.m.: Triplets of Belleville
- 4 p.m.: The Flying Scotsman
- 6 p.m.: For the Love of Mud
- 7:30 p.m.: Breaking Away
Iowa City Senior Center
28 S. Linn St.
Visit the Senior Center for free movies and popcorn. They will be showing in the Assembly Room.
- 9 a.m.: Wadjda
- 1 p.m.: Emmanuel’s Gift
- 3 p.m.: Icarus
118 E College St.
Join FilmScene for their alleyway movie presentation of the made-in-Iowa favorite Field of Dreams at sundown! FREE Film! BYOC (bring your own chair!).
Visitors coming Downtown Friday are encouraged to park in the following ramps:
- Capitol Street, 220 S. Capitol St.
- Dubuque Street, 220 S. Dubuque St.
- Harrison Street, 175 E. Harrison St.
- Court Street, 150 E. Court St.
The first hour is free in ramps on Capitol and Dubuque streets. The PassportParking app can be downloaded and used for mobile payment at all City meters and some parking garages. To learn more, visit www.icgov.org/parkingapps.
Visitors should avoid using the Tower Place Ramp, 335 Iowa Ave., due to street closures and volunteer parking, as well as the Chauncey Swan Ramp, 415 E. Washington St., due to the Rummage in the Ramp event, and the Farmers Market that opens at 7 a.m. on Saturday.
Free shuttles will operate from the campsites to Downtown from 11 a.m. to midnight.
All Iowa City buses will offer free rides all day on Friday, July 27. The Downtown Interchange will temporarily relocate to the Court Street Transportation Center, 150 E. Court St., starting Thursday, July 27. Normal service will resume Monday, July 30. More info at www.icgov.org/transit.