Young artists in kindergarten through fifth grade have the opportunity to win $350 in the RAGBRAI Kids’ Art Contest.
The Register’s Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa will visit Iowa City on Friday, July 27, 2018. To promote spirit during the visit, kids are encouraged to capture the fun of RAGBRAI through original artwork.
- Iowa City’s theme, “Book It to Iowa City,” must be incorporated into the artwork.
- Artwork should be no larger than 11” x 14”.
- The artwork can be drawings (crayon, marker, pencil, etc.), paintings (finger paints, watercolors, etc.), or sculptures (clay, papier-mâché, etc.).
- Artwork must include the following written on the back or securely attached: first and last name, age, grade, school, home address, phone number and parent/guardian name.
- Artwork must be dropped off at the front information desk at City Hall, 410 E. Washington St., between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday by Friday, June 8.
- The chosen winning artist will be contacted by Tuesday, June 19.
- The winning artist will receive a “Book It to Iowa City” t-shirt and prizes.
- The winning Iowa City entry will compete with other winning entries from 2018 RAGBRAI overnight towns, and an overall winner will be selected. The statewide grand prize is $350.
A photo of Iowa City’s winning artwork will be posted to www.iowacityragbrai.com. All artwork will be displayed during the week of RAGBRAI, July 22-28. Participants can pick up their artwork at City Hall during regular business hours July 31-Aug. 3. Any artwork left after Aug. 3 will be discarded.
For more information, contact Kelli Andresen, Iowa City RAGBRAI Publicity Committee member at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-688-8011.