Emergency & Medical
The command post, in cooperation with the Johnson County Joint Emergency Communications Center, National Weather Service (Davenport) and Emergency Management, will monitor weather conditions during the time RAGBRAI participants are in Iowa City on July 27th and 28th, 2018.
The RAGBRAI Command Post will make appropriate notifications of weather watches and warnings when such conditions occur.
RAGBRAI Command will have access to weather monitoring throughout the event through Computer Radar or cell phone application, Public Safety Radio at the Johnson County Joint Emergency Communications, Center or Emergency Management, Telephone at the National Weather Service (Davenport) 563-386-3815, Joint Emergency Communications Center 319-356-6800, Emergency Management (319) 356-6761 or KCRG (319) 365-8393, Email (non-emergent) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Command post staff is charged with maintaining periodic contact with the National Weather Service and for monitoring any weather development that could potentially affect this area.
In the event that the potential for severe weather is declared for this area, the following monitoring components will be put into place by the designated Operations Supervisor:
Direct Communications will be established with the National Weather Service, either through on-site personnel or by calling 563-386-3815. The Operations Supervisor will continuously monitor the potential for severe weather. Police, Fire, Parks, Public Works, EMS and the RAGBRAI Operations Staff will be notified of the potential for severe weather. Shelter providers will restrict their movements to the areas surrounding shelter and be prepared to open should the need arise suddenly.
Severe weather shelter area map is posted below:
First Aid and Medical
The first aid station will be located inside Shelter #8 in the main campgrounds at City Park. It will be staffed 10:00 am – 10:00 pm Friday, July 27th
Nearest Quick Care will be located at the UI Health Care Quick Care in the Old Capitol Town Center (201 South Clinton St.). They are open 7 am – 7 pm and operate on a fee base.
We would like to thank the University of Iowa Hospitals and their staff Johnson County Ambulance Services Iowa City Fire Department and their staff.
- University of Iowa Children’s Hospital 200 Hawkins Dr. Iowa City 888.348.5437
- Mercy Hospital 500 E. Market St. Iowa City 319.339.0300
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics 200 Hawkins Dr. Iowa City 319.356.1616
- Veterans Affairs Health Care System Hwy. 6 W. Iowa City 319.338.0581
- UI QuickCare 2510 Corridor Way, Ste. 6A Coralville 319.384.8822
- UI QuickCare 720 Pacha Parkway, Ste. 1 North Liberty 319.384.8822
- UI QuickCare 201 S. Clinton St., Ste. 195 Iowa City 319.384.8822
- UI QuickCare 1843 Lower Muscatine Rd. Iowa City 319.384.8822
- UI QuickCare 767 Mormon Trek Blvd. Iowa City 319.384.8822